Exterior Hinge Jamb Leg (Primed Poplar)
Hinge prepped (mortised) jamb leg for exterior doors. Solid poplar construction provides unparalleled durability, stability, and ease of installation.
- Designed for exterior doors 1 3/4" thick
- Length: 81 3/4"
- For doors that are 1.75" thick and 79.0" to 79.25" tall -- actual slab height, not including door sweep
- Can be trimmed from top for shorter doors (but will require some rework to stop portion to allow trimmed jamb to fit head jamb)
- Depth: Select 4 9/16" or 6 9/16"
- 4 9/16" are standard depth jambs for use with typical (2x4) construction
- 6 9/16" are extended depth jambs for use with (2x6) construction
- Thickness: 1 1/4" including stop (thicker section), 3/4" thick not including stop (thinner section)
Handing & Prep:
- Select Left Hand or Right Hand swing:
- Hinge or lock prep jambs: Stand where the door swings into - if the door handle is on the right hand side or the door you need a right hand lock or hinge jamb
- See pictures in gallery for diagrams
- Hinge prep specifications:
- Standard hinge prep is for three 4.0" x 4.0" exterior hinges with 5/8" round radius corners (about the same curvature as a quarter). Mortise can be adjusted with a chisel to accommodate 1/4" round radius corner hinges or square corner hinges.
- Hinges placements are routed to PEASE STANDARD SPEC and match with door that has 6.5" from top of door to top of first hinge, 37.5" to top of second hinge, 68.5" to top of bottom hinge
- Solid poplar construction
- Primed and ready for paint
- Rubber foot pads to block moisture absorption
- Coated at bottom with clear sealant to resist rot near threshold
- Can be used with inswing or outswing doors. Outswing doors with bumper threshold will require the bottom of the jamb to be trimmed.
- If you are using these jambs with a 79.25" tall door, we recommend pairing jambs with our low-profile threshold
- Angled cut on bottom (5-degree dado spec) to accommodate standard slope inswing thresholds
- Takes standard 1/8" kerf weatherstripping (sold separately)
- Head jamb sold separately