We only offer locks that we have installed in our own homes and absolutely love. We've selected locks that look great, hold their finish well, are straightforward to install, and feel solid and sturdy.
A handsome new lockset can reinvigorate a door with a great new look, especially if the finish is matched to the hinges and other hardware in the entryway.
Our locksets are designed for exterior residential doors (entry or front doors, patio doors, garage doors, side doors, etc.). They can also often fit interior doors, if they meet the measurement specifications below.
Locksets (also known as entry sets or entry handle sets) replace or upgrade existing locks on Pease, Stanley, Taylor, Mastercraft, Perma Door, Castlegate, Masonite, Therma Tru, Jeld-Wen, and many others door brands.
Several locksets are available with the unique 2" backset length used on many Pease Doors and our locksets are an excellent replacements for popular Pease Door lock styles including the Normandy, Fairfield, and Glendale. Please check our discontinued parts page to see if you have one of these locksets.
- Standard door prep/boring - 2 holes (one for deadbolt and one for latch) each measuring 2 1/8" in diameter
- Accommodate door thicknesses of 1.375"-1.75" (1 3/8" to 1 3/4")
- 5 1/2" center to center locksets (measuring from the center of deadbolt down to the center of the latch or the center of the key hole down to the center of where the handle pivots).
- 2", 2 3/8", or 2 3/4" length backsets (measuring from the center of the key hole to the edge of the door)
- Faceplate sizes vary by lockset - please check the product descriptions to ensure you have sufficient space on your door to fit the faceplate and to determine if the new faceplate will cover the outline of the existing faceplate (if not we recommend you repaint your door to ensure a clean look)
Double Doors, Passage, Dummy, Other Variations
Locksets below are for single doors that have a deadbolt (with a turn knob on the inside and a key on the outside) and a latch that can be operated by the interior and exterior handles.
If you have double doors and need a passage (no deadbolt - just a latch) or dummy (no deadbolt, no latch), please contact us and we'll be happy to provide you with some options. Passage sets can also be used for interior doors where just a latch is needed, for example in a den, basement, or general living area. Dummy locksets with no latching capabilities and fixed handles (non-turning) can also be used for interior doors, for example in hallway and closet doors.