Exterior Jamb Set for Single Door (Primed Poplar)
Set of lock jamb, hinge jamb, and head jamb (2 sides and top) for a single exterior door. Solid poplar construction provides unparalleled durability, stability, and ease of installation.
- Designed for exterior doors 1 3/4" thick
- Width (add 1/4" to door slab width): Select 24", 26", 28", 30", 32", 34", 36", 38", 40", 42", 48" (actual head jamb width)
- Single doors (add 1/4" to door slab width): jambs intended for use with standard steel and fiberglass exterior doors that measure 1/4" less than the head jamb actual width. For example, a 36.0" head jamb will work with a nominal "3/0" or "36" door slab that actually measures 35.75" in width. If you have a door slab that measures, for example, 36.0" wide, then you will need to purchase a 38" head jamb and cut it down to 36.25"
- Length: 81 3/4"
- For doors that are 1.75" thick and 79.0" to 79.25" tall -- actual slab height, not including door sweep
- Can be trimmed from top for shorter doors (but will require some rework to stop portion to allow trimmed jamb to fit head jamb)
- Depth: Select 4 9/16" or 6 9/16"
- 4 9/16" are standard depth jambs for use with typical (2x4) construction
- 6 9/16" are extended depth jambs for use with (2x6) construction
- Thickness: 1 1/4" including stop (thicker section), 3/4" thick not including stop (thinner section)
Handing & Prep:
- Select Left Hand or Right Hand swing:
- Hinge or lock prep jambs: Stand where the door swings into - if the door handle is on the right hand side or the door you need a right hand lock or hinge jamb
- See pictures in gallery for diagrams
- Hinge prep specifications:
- Standard hinge prep is for three 4.0" x 4.0" exterior hinges with 5/8" round radius corners (about the same curvature as a quarter). Mortise can be adjusted with a chisel to accommodate 1/4" round radius corner hinges or square corner hinges.
- Hinges placements are routed to PEASE STANDARD SPEC and match with door that has 6.5" from top of door to top of first hinge, 37.5" to top of second hinge, 68.5" to top of bottom hinge
- Lock (also known as strike) prep specifications:
- Standard lock prep is for a double bore entry lock, matching a door that has 40.375" from top of door to center of first hole and 45.875" top of door to center of the second hole
- Solid poplar construction
- Primed and ready for paint
- Rubber foot pads to block moisture absorption
- Coated at bottom with clear sealant to resist rot near threshold
- Can be used with inswing or outswing doors. Outswing doors with bumper threshold will require the bottom of the jamb to be trimmed.
- If you are using these jambs with a 79.25" tall door, we recommend pairing jambs with our low-profile threshold
- Angled cut on bottom (5-degree dado spec) to accommodate standard slope inswing thresholds
- Takes standard 1/8" kerf weatherstripping (sold separately)