Exterior Blank Jamb Leg (Primed Poplar)
Blank (unprepped) jamb leg for exterior doors. Blank jambs can be prepped at job site for hinges or lock strike as needed. Solid poplar construction provides unparalleled durability, stability, and ease of installation.
- Designed for exterior doors 1 3/4" thick
- Length: 81 3/4"
- For doors that are 1.75" thick and 79.0" to 79.25" tall -- actual slab height, not including door sweep
- Can be trimmed from top for shorter doors (but will require some rework to stop portion to allow trimmed jamb to fit head jamb)
- Depth: Select 4 9/16" or 6 9/16"
- 4 9/16" are standard depth jambs for use with typical (2x4) construction
- 6 9/16" are extended depth jambs for use with (2x6) construction
- Thickness: 1 1/4" including stop (thicker section), 3/4" thick not including stop (thinner section)
- Select Right Blank or Left Blank (as viewed from where the door swings towards the viewer)
- Inswing example: A Right Blank leg is the vertical jamb to the right of an inswing door slab when viewed from the inside of the home where the door swings into the house
- Outswing example: A Right Blank leg is the vertical jamb to the right of an outswing door when viewed from the outside of the home where the door swings to the outside of the house
- Solid poplar construction
- Primed and ready for paint
- Rubber foot pads to block moisture absorption
- Coated at bottom with clear sealant to resist rot near threshold
- Can be used with inswing or outswing doors. Outswing doors with bumper threshold will require the bottom of the jamb to be trimmed.
- If you are using these jambs with a 79.25" tall door, we recommend pairing jambs with our low-profile threshold
- Angled cut on bottom (5-degree dado spec) to accommodate standard slope inswing thresholds
- Takes standard 1/8" kerf weatherstripping (sold separately)
- Head jamb sold separately