81" Standard Reach Magnetic Weatherstrip Set (3 pieces)
Kit with two 81" magnetic strips for use on lock and head jambs and one 81" compression strip for use on hinge jamb. We recommend compression weatherstripping for the hinge side to allow door to close without binding on the magnet.
Our premium magnetic weatherstrip creates a tight seal against the elements and pests. It is made of high-quality thermoplastic rubber (TPE) and is an upgrade compared to standard foam weatherstripping.
- Magnets in head and lock jamb strips create a refrigerator-like seal on metal or metal-edged wood and fiberglass doors (still works fine with doors without metal/metal edge).
- 81" Length made for doors roughly 6' 8" tall. Can all be trimmed with scissors to fit shorter doors.
- Fits steel, wood, and fiberglass doors with wood jambs and standard 1/8" kerf. Please make sure that you have a WOOD JAMBS. Steel jambs often have a wider kerf so check to ensure you have a 1/8" kerf.
- We recommend this strip for doors with standard to minimal gaps (1/16" to 1/8" gap between door edge and jamb and 1/8" to 1/4" gap between door face and jamb)
- If you have double doors, just order an additional compression piece for the second hinge jamb since this kit includes 1 compression strip for a hinge jamb and 2 magnetic pieces, enough to cover the head jamb and astragal (center post between the two doors if you have one).
Exact OEM replacement for the lock and head jamb weatherstrip that was originally installed in Pease steel and fiberglass doors, and serves as a great replacement/upgrade for many door brands & types including:
- Pease (steel/wood/fiberglass doors)
- Stanley (steel/wood/fiberglass doors)
- Taylor (steel/wood/fiberglass doors)
- Mastercraft (steel/wood/fiberglass doors)
- Perma Door (steel/wood/fiberglass doors)
- Castlegate (steel/wood/fiberglass doors)
- Masonite (steel/wood/fiberglass doors)
- Therma Tru (steel/wood/fiberglass doors)
- Jeld-Wen (steel/wood/fiberglass doors)
- Other brands (unmarked steel/fiberglass/wood doors)