Mahogany Interior Door Slab (3 Panel V-Groove)
Beautiful, hand-crafted Brazilian Mahogany interior doors with 3 Panel V-Groove style. We recommend mahogany for office, bedroom, and dining room doors where a strong impression matters. The grooved panels help to highlight the intricacies of the wood grain.
Made of solid mahogany, this door is immensely satisfying to open/close and brings a stately look and feel to any room.
This slab does not include jambs and ships unfinished. Please contact us if you are interested in ordering with jambs (pre-hung but unassembled or "knocked-down") or if you would like the door to arrive in one of our factory finishes below.
Premium quality at a third of the traditional cost:
- We keep the entire wood sourcing, kiln-drying and manufacturing process in South America, which allows us to keep the cost low and hand craft the doors
- We offer these doors direct, which saves you the traditional markups applied by distributors and lumberyards/door companies
Mahogany is the best ultra premium wood for interior doors:
- Extremely dense and sturdy, for maximum sound insulation and ability to handle normal wear & tear with ease and last for decades
- Easily stained (takes stains very well) to bring out beautiful natural grain of the wood
- Extremely stable wood holds it size and shape (prevents warping which can cause doors to get "stuck")
- Slab Height: 80" (trimmable up to 1/2")
- Slab Width: Available in a variety of widths 18-36"
- Slab Thickness: 1.375" (1 3/8") - standard interior door thickness
- Sand, stain, and topcoat to finish (finishing instructions below)
- Flat edge (not "prepped" or mortised for hinges) - trace your existing hinges onto your new slab
- Kiln dried shrink resistant panels to ensure maximum stability (limits wood expansion/contraction/warping)
- Stile & rail construction with true jointed panels for a premium look and feel
Finishing & Installation:
1. Before finishing, remove existing door and trace hinges and lock bore placement onto new door (by laying existing door on top of new door and tracing with a pencil)
2. Bore out lock holes and mortise hinges on new door. Screw hinges onto new door slab.
3. Sand door with 150-180 grit sandpaper (remember to sand back and forth in the direction of the grain)
4. Clean the door (get all of the dust debris off of the surface of the door)
5. Finish the door: (we strongly recommend staining to showcase the beautiful natural grain of this premium mahogany)
- To stain: Apply a high-quality wood stain and finish with a clear polyurethane topcoat (solvent-borne or waterborne polyurethane)
- To paint: 1. Seal door with oil-based primer. 2. Apply 2 coats of our trim urethane paint or an interior oil-based or acrylic latex paint
6. Hang the door in the existing jambs, wedging shims or underneath the bottom edge of the door while you screw the hinges into the jambs, working from top to bottom
7. Install door lock/hardware
8. Test door swing and alignment (door should not swing open or closed on its own, should latch and open smoothly, should have even spacing all around the door -- you should be able to slide a quarter all the way around the sides and top of the door)
9. Shim door hinges/adjust as needed