Georgetown Entry Lockset
Item #: K540-SC
The Georgetown entry set brings a stately and modern-yet-timeless look to your entryway. The lock has a clean rectangular form and the perfect amount of beveling around the edges. It looks best in homes with more modern finishing touches and other clean, straight lines.
Lock is solid brass forged and hand-finished.
Includes everything needed to replace or upgrade the lockset on your existing door. A great DIY project, this set comes with straightforward instructions and takes about 45 minutes to install.
Fits many door brands including Pease, Stanley, Taylor, Mastercraft, Perma Door, Castlegate, Masonite, Therma Tru, Jeld-Wen, and many others. This is a great replacement for the traditional Pease styles (Normandy, Fairfield, and Glendale) with 5 1/2" center to center (deadbolt to latch/handle) measurement and is available in the 2" backset length unique to Pease doors. If you have Pease double doors where the deadbolt goes through the astragal (center post) into the less active door, you will need to purchase slide bolts as the deadbolt on this lock only throws the industry standard length into the astragal (total throw of ~5/8").
Measurements & Specifications
- Door configuration: Lockset for a single door. If you have a double door please also order a Passage Set in a the corresponding style, finish, handle, and backset length
- Door thickness: Lockset for door with door thickness of 1 3/4" (if you have a thicker/thinner door, please contact us to order)
- Door prep: Standard prep/bore. Two holes 2 1/8" in diameter with 5 1/2" distance from the center of one hole to the center of the other hole (standard 5.5" center to center)
- Handing: NA - handles are interchangeable
- Backset: Available in 2", 2 3/8" and 2 3/4" backset lengths. Backset length is the distance from the center of your lockset (key hole) to the edge of your door
- Faceplate dimensions: 2 3/4" wide and 11" tall (check to ensure you have sufficient width)
- Handle Dimensions: Standard lever and knob handles protrude ~3" off of the face of the door. The Low-Profile lever protrudes ~1.75" from the face of the door and is ideal if you have a screen door or storm door that has limited clearance
Polished Brass: Solid brass finish is polished and gloss lacquer coated to prevent tarnishing over time. Common finish codes for polished brass are 605 and US3.
Oil Rubbed Bronze: Designed to simulate aged bronze. Matte lacquer applied to hold finish. This finish is very dark and varies from a deep chocolate brown to a dark gray and usually has reddish undertones. Common finish codes for oil rubbed bronze are US10B and 613.
Satin Nickel: Nickel plating on brass that has been satin finished with an abrasive and matte lacquer coated. Common finish codes for satin nickel are US15 and 619.