Chateau Passage Lockset
This Passage Set is typically used in conjunction with an Entry Lockset on double doors or French doors. The Passage Set goes on the less active door (the door without a deadbolt/key). Handle is functional and turns a latch.
A passage set is also a great standalone option for interior passage doors where handles on both sides of the door turn a latch but no locking function is needed, such as den doors or hallway doors. Please contact us if you wish to use this lockset for an interior application.
The Chateau passage set brings the elegance and subtle details of classic French style to your front door. A reproduction based loosely on the Russwin design made popular in the 1920’s, this piece features the classical dolphin and cornucopia under a strong transom arched top.
Lock is solid brass forged and hand-finished.
Measurements & Specifications
- Door type: Lockset for a passage door with door thickness of 1 3/4" (if you have a thicker/thinner door, please contact us to order)
Single/Double hole 2 1/8" in diameter for tubular style latch.
- Handing: Please specify right hand or left hand if you are ordering a lever handle (see handing guide below)
- Backset: Available in 2", 2 3/8" and 2 3/4" backset lengths. Backset length is the distance from the center of your lockset (key hole) to the edge of your door
- Faceplate dimensions: 3" wide and 16 1/2" tall interior faceplate, 23 1/4" tall exterior faceplate (check to ensure you have sufficient width)
- Handle Dimensions: Standard lever and knob handles protrude ~3" off of the face of the door. The Low-Profile lever protrudes ~1.75" from the face of the door and is ideal if you have a screen door or storm door that has limited clearance
Polished Brass: Solid brass finish is polished and gloss lacquer coated to prevent tarnishing over time. Common finish codes for polished brass are 605 and US3.
Oil Rubbed Bronze: Designed to simulate aged bronze. Matte lacquer applied to hold finish. This finish is very dark and varies from a deep chocolate brown to a dark gray and usually has reddish undertones. Common finish codes for oil rubbed bronze are US10B and 613.
Satin Nickel: Nickel plating on brass that has been satin finished with an abrasive and matte lacquer coated. Common finish codes for satin nickel are US15 and 619.