48" Universal Wrap-Around Door Sweep
Premium wrap-around style doorsweep. Fits all doors 1.75" thick. Can be trimmed to fit doors up to 48" in width. Perfect for extra wide 42" and 48" doors.
This is a great doorsweep if you do not know what brand door you have or do not know how your current door sweep attaches to your door. It is also a great choice to replace drive-on or staple on sweeps where you do not want to remove the door from its hinges.
- Universal fit for 1.75" thick steel, wood, and fiberglass doors
- Ultra high quality rigid PVC retains shape and resists ripping and tearing
- Flexible up to -25 degrees F
- Moisture drip fin (directs water away from the door)
- Fins and hybrid bulbs (bulbs with small fins at bottom) for effective seal
- Slotted adjustment holes allow for sweep to be adjusted to fit different door-to-threshold gaps from 1/4" to 3/4"
Note: Requires screws for installation. We recommend flat head 1/2" long screws. For wood or fiberglass doors, use pan head wood screws, course thread. For steel doors, use sheet metal pan head screws.
Installation: See part 3 of weatherproofing video
1. Open the door and remove the old sweep. If the old sweep is screwed or otherwise tightly fastened to the bottom of your door, you may need to remove the door from hinges.
2. Slide the new sweep on, using a block of wood or a hammer as needed to tap the sweep into place.
3. Trim excess with scissors, shears, or a small hand-saw.
4. Adjust the sweep up/down as needed to tightly seal (overlap about 1/8") against the top of your sill.
5. Install screws on inside of home, drilling pilot holes as needed (especially if you have a steel door). We recommend flat head 1/2" long screws. For wood or fiberglass doors, use pan head wood screws, course thread. For steel doors, use sheet metal pan head screws.