36" x 80" Prehung Smooth Fiberglass Entry Door System (6 Panel)
The Pease Fiberglass Door. Prehung and ready to install. This is not your big-box store, builder-grade door. Our premium fiberglass door system is built to seal tightly against the elements, impress your neighbors, and last a lifetime.
Classic 6 Panel style. Looks great with or without glass. Additional glass options can be found in our door glass section.
- Unit size (jambs, not including brickmould) width: 37.5"
- Unit size (jambs, not including brickmould) height: 81.75"
- Rough opening width: 38" to 38.5"
- Rough opening height: 82" to 82.5"
- Slab Height: 79.0 (known as an 80" or 6' 8" tall door)
- Slab Width: 35.75 (known as a 36", 3/0, or 3 foot 0-inch-wide door)
- Slab Thickness: 1.75
- Select left hand/right hand. See pictures for help determining door handing. Pictures show the door from the outside of home viewpoint
- Select 4 9/16" if you have 2x4 construction or 6 9/16" if you have 2x6 construction
- Lock prep: Comes with standard tubular lock prep for 2 3/8" backset lock. This means the door will have two 2.125" holes 5.5" apart. Lockset sold separately
- Smooth fiberglass door slab
- Poplar jambs with rubber footing and clear coat rot protection
- Hinge finish: select between Satin Nickel and Oil-Rubbed Bronze
- Threshold finish: Aluminum mill or Bronze finish (coordinated with hinges)
- Includes brickmould (exterior trim)
- Weatherstripping (high reach bronze compression weatherstripping)
- Corner seals (bronze)
- Door sweep (bronze)
- Primed white finish, see our paint category to purchase paint
- Highest quality smooth fiberglass for easy finishing & durability
- Composite bottom edge to resist moisture/rotting
- Premium hardwood and aluminum threshold
- Wood edge door system for ease of installation and clean look
- Reinforced 11.75" pine lock block for added security
- High quality polyurethane insulation for maximum thermal efficiency
If replacing an existing door, remove interior trim (casing) by scoring with a utility knife and carefully prying off the interior wall. Save if you plan on re-using. Unscrew hinges and remove existing door slab. Remove old jambs and threshold, checking for screws from behind the hinges and weatherstripping. Clean the opening.
1. Place pre-hung unit into rough opening. First apply 2 beads of caulking to the brickmould, where it will make contact with your exterior siding. Then, start by leaning the door and centering the bottom of the door in the opening, making sure hinges are facing the correct direction. Next lean the door upright. It can help to use a zip-tie to secure the door through the lock bore holes to prevent the slab from swinging during this step.
2. Adjust door as needed. Check to make sure the door is square in the opening and swings open/closed easily. Add wood shims around the door at the 4 corners. Adjust shimming as needed until door is square in the rough opening and flush with the interior drywall. Anchor the door in place by screwing through the door frame, through the shims, and into the studs behind. Once the door is aligned and secured, add shims above and below deadbolt bore and anchor to through jambs into studs, just like you did at each of the four corners.
3. Install trim. Nail the exterior trim (brickmould) to your siding using finishing nails (we recommend nails to be spaced out by about 12"). Then add (or replace) your interior trim, again using finishing nails.
4. Paint the door. Clean the door (get all of the dust debris off of the surface of the door). Click here for our guide on how to paint your door. We recommend our paint or any exterior grade acrylic latex paint.
5. Install the lock. Follow lock manufacturer instruction.