Weatherstrip seals the sides and top of your door. High quality, properly installed weatherstrip helps keep your house warm in the winter and cool in the summer, lowering your energy bill. It also serves as a first line of defense against pests.
Kits replace (or upgrade) the original weatherstip on residential steel, fiberglass, and wood doors. Fits many door brands including Pease, Stanley, Taylor, Mastercraft, Perma Door, Castlegate, Masonite, Therma Tru, Jeld-Wen, and many others. Just check to make sure your jambs are made of wood and that you have a 1/8" "kerf" or slot cut into your jambs.
- Set works with exterior steel, fiberglass, and wood doors
- Fits standard 1/8" kerf in wooden jambs
- Protection from weather, drafts, and pests
- Magnets in head and lock jamb strips create a refrigerator-like seal on metal or metal-edged wood and fiberglass doors (still works fine with doors without metal/metal edge)
- High-quality thermoplastic rubber (TPE) combines the best properties from plastic and rubber for a tight, durable seal (better than standard foam weatherstrip)
- For best seal, should be replaced every 8-10 years
Kit includes brown magnetic weatherstrip for the head jamb and lock jamb, and brown compression weatherstrip for the hinge jamb - everything you need to completely replace your old weatherstrip.