Our take on the resurgent Arts & Crafts style adds interest to any entryway with its hammer forged faceplates and styled "windows" crafted into the corners.
Arts & Crafts was an international design movement that flourished between 1860 and 1910, especially in the second half of that period, continuing its influence until the 1930s.
The distinctive window-pane pattern, originally known as Bastille, was designed by Pacific Hardware of Los Angeles around 1912.
Lock is solid brass forged and hand-finished.
Includes everything needed to replace or upgrade the lockset on your existing door. A great DIY project, this set comes with straightforward instructions and takes about 45 minutes to install.
Fits many door brands including Pease, Stanley, Taylor, Mastercraft, Perma Door, Castlegate, Masonite, Therma Tru, Jeld-Wen, and many others. This is a great replacement for the traditional Pease styles (Normandy, Fairfield, and Glendale) with 5 1/2" center to center (deadbolt to latch/handle) measurement and is available in the 2" backset length unique to Pease doors. If you have Pease double doors where the deadbolt goes through the astragal (center post) into the less active door, you will need to purchase slide bolts as the deadbolt on this lock only throws the industry standard length into the astragal (total throw of ~5/8").
Measurements & Specifications
- Door type: Lockset for single door that locks with a key that turns the deadbolt from the outside (single cylinder). Fits doors with thickness of 1 3/4" (if you have a double door or a thicker/thinner door, please call us to order)
- Door prep: Standard prep/bore. Two holes 2 1/8" in diameter with 5 1/2" distance from the center of one hole to the center of the other hole (standard 5.5" center to center)
- Handing: NA - handles are interchangeable
- Backset: Available in 2", 2 3/8" and 2 3/4" backset lengths. Backset length is the distance from the center of your lockset (key hole) to the edge of your door
- Faceplate dimensions: 3" wide and 11 1/4" tall (check to ensure you have sufficient width)
- Handle Dimensions: Standard lever and knob handles protrude ~3" off of the face of the door. The Low-Profile lever protrudes ~1.75" from the face of the door and is ideal if you have a screen door or storm door that has limited clearance
Oil Rubbed Bronze: Designed to simulate aged bronze. Matte lacquer applied to hold finish. This finish is very dark and varies from a deep chocolate brown to a dark gray and usually has reddish undertones. Common finish codes for oil rubbed bronze are US10B and 613.