Exterior Lock Jamb Leg (Primed Poplar)
Lock prepped (mortised) jamb leg for exterior doors. Solid poplar construction provides unparalleled durability, stability, and ease of installation.
- Designed for exterior doors 1 3/4" thick
- Length: 81 3/4" or 97 3/4"
- 81.75" is for doors that are 1.75" thick and 79.0" to 79.25" tall -- actual slab height, not including door sweep
- 97.75" is for doors that are 1.75" thick and 95.0" to 95.25" tall -- actual slab height, not including door sweep
- Can be trimmed from top for shorter doors (but will require some rework to stop portion to allow trimmed jamb to fit head jamb)
- Depth: Select 4 9/16" or 6 9/16"
- 4 9/16" are standard depth jambs for use with typical (2x4) construction
- 6 9/16" are extended depth jambs for use with (2x6) construction
- Thickness: 1 1/4" including stop (thicker section), 3/4" thick not including stop (thinner section)
Handing & Prep:
- Select Left Hand or Right Hand swing:
- Hinge or lock prep jambs: Stand where the door swings into - if the door handle is on the right hand side or the door you need a right hand lock or hinge jamb
- See pictures in gallery for diagrams
- Lock (also known as strike) prep specifications:
- Standard lock prep is for a double bore entry lock, matching a door that has 40.375" from top of door to center of first hole and 45.875" top of door to center of the second hole
- Solid poplar construction
- Primed and ready for paint
- Rubber foot pads to block moisture absorption
- Coated at bottom with clear sealant to resist rot near threshold
- Can be used with inswing or outswing doors. Outswing doors with bumper threshold will require the bottom of the jamb to be trimmed.
- If you are using these jambs with a 79.25" tall door, we recommend pairing jambs with our low-profile threshold
- Angled cut on bottom (5-degree dado spec) to accommodate standard slope inswing thresholds
- Takes standard 1/8" kerf weatherstripping (sold separately)
- Head jamb sold separately