Solid Wood Interior Door Slab (3 Panel Craftsman, Primed)
Replace or upgrade existing interior doors with our hand-crafted interior door slabs. Clean and modern three panel craftsman style with shaker flat panels. Note that in sizes 22" and narrower this door comes in a matching 2 panel style (see second picture).
Made of solid wood stiles & rails with MDF (medium density fiberboard) panels, the door feels sturdy and is engineered to dampen sound transmission across rooms. Primed & dried 3 times with a UV process to allow for easy and consistent painting.
An excellent option for bedroom, hallway, office, bathroom, closet, and pantry doors.
- Slab Height: 80" (trimmable up to 1/2")
- Slab Width: Available in a variety of widths 18-36"
- Slab Thickness: 1.375" (1 3/8") - standard interior door thickness
- Primed white finish, see our paint category to purchase paint
- Flat edge (not "prepped" or mortised for hinges) - trace your existing hinges onto your new slab
- Made with kiln dried hardwoods & shrink resistant panels to ensure maximum stability (limits wood expansion/contraction/warping)
- Stile & rail construction with true jointed panels for a premium look and feel
Finishing & Installation:
1. Before finishing, remove existing door and trace hinges and lock bore placement onto new door (by laying existing door on top of new door and tracing with a pencil)
2. Bore out lock holes and mortise hinges on new door. Screw hinges onto new door slab.
3. Clean the door (get all of the dust debris off of the surface of the door)
4. Finish the door with 2 coats of our trim urethane paint or an interior oil-based or acrylic latex paint
5. Hang the door in the existing jambs, wedging shims or underneath the bottom edge of the door while you screw the hinges into the jambs, working from top to bottom
6. Install door lock/hardware
7. Test door swing and alignment (door should not swing open or closed on its own, should latch and open smoothly, should have even spacing all around the door -- you should be able to slide a quarter all the way around the sides and top of the door)
8. Shim door hinges/adjust as needed